About This Watch
There are over 4 billion years of history on your wrist with this dial made of an extraterrestrial rock called Muonionalusta. This meteorite blasted into the Earth atmosphere some four ice ages ago into an area north of the Arctic circle. To make the dial, special machining and treatment is required to reveal the distinctive characteristic of this iron meteorite. The beautiful equilateral triangles that create the Widmanstätten pattern is a result of very slow cooling over millions of years, whereas the crystalline structure of the minerals within the core of the asteroid changes. Since the textures are organic and cannot be artificially reproduced, each single dial is a completely unique piece. Limited to just 50 pieces, this watch features a highly precise COSC-certified Swiss Automatic movement. It comes with the same tested and proven patented features as the popular Essence lineup, such as the Case Suspension System and a folding clasp made of carbon fiber, with a unique fine-adjustment system that perfectly adapts to the wrist’s ever changing size due to heat and humidity.
- Robust. It may take on the look of an elegant evening watch, but the Essence carries the Formex reputation for sporty durability.
- Luxurious. Hand-finished with undiluted passion, the Essence is crafted with an execution only found in high-end timepieces. The movement's accuracy has been tested and certified by COSC, the official Swiss Testing Institute for Swiss Chronometer.
- Comfortable. Our patented Case Suspension System and carbon fiber composite clasp with patented Fine Adjustment System adapt to your wrist movements and daily adventures.
- Bold. Above a complex construction lies an elaborate case with brushed stainless steel and mirror polished bevels. The dial is made of an iron meteorite, revealing its characteristic pattern of equilateral triangles.
- Yours. You don’t have to sit in the lap of luxury to put something luxurious on your wrist. Our direct-to-consumer approach means you'll get high quality watches at a fraction of the cost of any comparable Swiss timepiece.