TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Formex Watch SA, hereafter referred to Formex, tries to reply to customer’s request usually within one to two working days. We ask for patience if in rare cases we get back to you later.
2. Formex reserves the right to ignore and blacklist individuals with antisocial behavior sending abusive messages and cancel/refund any associated orders.
Orders & pre-orders
3. All orders are subject to acceptance by Formex and availability of watches.
4. We will custom make your order, therefore please allow about 3-5 days for us to assemble, test, control, pack and ship your watch. If other lead times apply, they will be mentioned on the product page.
5. After a watch has shipped, cancellations are not possible. However, the watch can be returned within 30 days. For details refer to ‚Returns & refunds’ below.
6. Formex reserves the right to refuse and/or refund an order for reasons such as non-clearance of payment, import restrictions or watches being out of stock.
7. Goods will only be shipped after outstanding balances are paid.
8. Pre-ordered watches and accessories, when available, will be delivered in the order in which payments were received.
9. We try our best to deliver to the schedule indicated, unfortunately delays sometimes occur due to circumstances outside our control. Should the customer request a cancellation during this period, please reach out through our contact form or our website live chat. We reserve the right to update, amend and improve products on an ongoing basis.
10. Refunds, where applicable, will be processed by us within 7 working days. Clearance of funds is dependent on the recipient’s bank issuer and can take up to 30 days.
11. All products will be shipped worldwide via Swiss Post, DHL Express or UPS Express, with insurance and tracking.
12. DHL/UPS will require a signature or authorization from the buyer on delivery, at which point responsibility for purchased goods passes to the buyer.
13. A power of attorney form might be required to be filled out in order for your shipment to clear customs. Additional information by customs might be required from the customer in order for the ordered product to clear customs. Refusal to provide those is not a valid reason for a refund and a refund will only be issued after the customer has received and shipped back the watch.
14. The buyer’s or their appointed representative’s signature on acceptance of the shipment is considered evidence of the date of delivery and fulfillment by Formex.
Duties & Taxes
15. It depends on the country and its customs regulations if our prices include taxes and duties. If they are not included, it shows at check out. For the following shipping countries, taxes and duties are already included:
Australia, Austria, Belgium, Cyprus, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Ireland (Republic of), Italy, Japan, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Monaco, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Portugal, Slovak Republic, Slovenia, Spain, United States.
Warranty, service and repairs
16. Our watches are covered by a warranty of three years against mechanical and manufacturing defects. The warranty period starts from date stated in the owner’s manual.
17. Mechanical watches are precision mechanical instruments. Excessive shocks or vibrations, exposure to strong electromagnetic fields and similar activities can cause damage to or affect their functionality. The mechanical warranty does not cover issues or malfunctions caused by mishandling.
18. Watches are not user serviceable. We cannot guarantee water resistance or mechanical function of the watch if the watch case has been opened or serviced by the customer or a third party not approved by Formex. Doing so will void all warranties.
19. We do not supply spare parts or components.
20. Repairs can take up to eight weeks. As soon as the watch is ready to ship, we will send an e-mail.
21. Wear and tear (e.g. water damage to straps, scuff marks and scratches to the case or clasp, etc.) are not covered by the warranty. This extends to any external coatings or treatments, such as DLC coating, heat bluing or AR coating, to the watch case, crown, crystal and buckle.
22. For a warranty claim, we reserve the right to replace the watch or relevant components with ones of equivalent, or greater value in the event parts are no longer available.
23. In case of a warranty claim or service request, please email us through our contact form.
24. For warranty work, we will arrange for a prepaid return label at our cost.
25. For out-of-warranty service, both legs of shipping are at the owner’s cost.
26. For watch services or repairs outside warranty coverage, Formex will furnish a cost estimate for the repair after the watch has been sent in for inspection and analyzed by our watchmakers. The work will be charged depending on scope. Payment for the repair must be made in full before the watch is returned to the owner.
26.1 In the case of a watch service where the cost estimate is rejected or cannot be carried out due to unavailability of spare parts, or for an assessment that does not reveal any warranty-covered issues, customers may be subject to a handling fee, shipping charges, and any relevant taxes and customs fees. Formex reserves the right to retain the watch until payment is received.
27. You may send the watch to the following address: Formex Watch SA Chemin du Long-Champs 95F 2504 Biel-Bienne Switzerland
28. While we will try our best to make repairs and return a watch to proper working condition, it is sometimes not economically viable or possible to repair a watch if the damage is too extensive.
Returns & refunds
29. Watches may be returned in unused and unworn condition, sealed, with all original accompanying packaging, certificates and accessories within 30 days of receipt of the original shipment for a refund.
30. Watches can be tried on but not worn. Protections, if any, cannot be taken off.
31. The customer is responsible to try on the watch without leaving any scratches or marks on the watch or any part thereof. If a watch is returned and signs of wear and tear mentioned above are found at inspection, the watch will be sent back to the customer and no refund is issued.
32. All accessories are consumables and are not eligible for free returns. If you would like to return one of these items for exchange or a refund, please send them via mail or courier to the following address:
33. Formex Watch SA Chemin du Long-Champs 95F 2504 Biel-Bienne Switzerland
34. After verifying that the item has not been used and does not show any signs of wear, we will issue a refund for the item minus shipping fees that were charged at checkout. If shipping was included in your order, the shipping rate deducted will be the rate charged to Formex by the carrier.
35. If watches are returned for the purpose of replacing the same order, but to change order modalities, such as payment method or similar, shipping cost will be deducted from the refund.
36. For shipments rejected by the customer, shipping cost will be deducted from the refund.
37. Outside the 30 days period, and from the first day you decide to wear your watch or accessory, all sales are final.
38. If you would like to return your watch, please contact us through our contact form.
39. For watch returns within the 30-days period and for watches under warranty Formex will provide the buyer with a prepaid return label and arrange for insurance during transit.
40. If a buyer chooses to arrange their own return shipping, responsibility of the watch during transit is the buyer's responsibility.
41. The watch must be packaged in a similar fashion that it has arrived in , in order not to be damaged during transport.
42. Refunds, where applicable, will be processed by us within 7 working days - though clearance of funds on is dependent on the recipient bank/card issuer and may be longer.
43. Should the watch be in a used condition or incomplete, we will contact you to have the watch shipped back to you. Shipping will be charged. In some cases, it is possible to issue a partial refund.
44. Formex will refund you within 14 working days upon receipt of the returned good(s) using the same means of payment used for purchase.
Formex reserves the right to update these policies as deemed necessary and at our discretion. The latest version will supersede all preceding versions. The duration of warranty, which is fixed at time of purchase, will keep its validity.